Sunday, October 23, 2011

Sleeping & Mommy Separation

It seems one little boy may not be wanting to be held anymore to go to bed but to fall into dreamland on his own.

Great! your thinking. Bedtime will be a much easier time and less time having to hold L until he's fallen asleep BUT it actually makes me sad.

I'm thrilled that L can self soothe himself to sleep but at the same time I enjoy being needed by him. Taking a 9 year break between kids is almost like having your first kid for the first time all over again.

I enjoy giving him kisses while he sleeps, rubbing his curls, and gently patting his behind as he drifts off.

I wonder if the sadness I'm feeling is because with the 9 year gap between kids I will no longer be having any children and so he's the last baby I will be holding at bedtime.

With that said it is time for me to go to bed. It's time to sleep next to L in his co-sleeper which will also end in a couple of days when L moves into his own room in our new house.

Until next time.....




- Posted on my iPhone because I don't get quality computer time. Quality problem, yes I know.

No comments: