Sunday, October 9, 2011

It's not that hard....Is it?

I know I'm not the only mom out there who doesn't know how to pause and take care of herself. You know between all there is with my two kids, husband, and home I enjoy my late night and early morning time but really I don't enough to really take care of me. Emails, Blogs, Side Work, and Facebook don't equal quality time for myself.

I was talking to a friend today and she too is having this same issue. I used to work and imagine how crazy I'd be if I were still working. I'm super busy as is and can't seem to catch up and add this move to the mix and wouzers! It's great that we can offer advice to our friends..."Turn off your phone, take a nap", "enjoy a nice bath", or even "go get a massage" but the reality is and I know I'm so not the only one who offers the advice we never do or have the time to do.

Yet, this week I decided enough was enough and I had to do some things to take care of me. So start easy right? I malnourish, have low blood pressure, and my long term iron is at 2. So I started my vitamins again and took that husband of mine's advice and bought a pill holder to make it easier. I got some liquid iron and my pill container and day three was completed today of actually taking said vitamins...

I also don't know if it's the powers that be but my left ear and throat hurt yesterday and well, got worse today so I ended up napping....advice I always give and yet never do and though I didn't feel better as I woke I napped with that little cute boy (who is worn out from being a stunt boy) and that lump on the floor is a sweet (most of the time) girl who always covers her whole body to sleep something I did when I was younger too.


My husband took the picture above. I guess there was a calm in the house not normally there. Will I do more to take care of me? Who knows but I know that I should and really that's the first step, right?

No comments: