Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Gallbladder Disease

So yes, I have Gallbladder Disease. Not as bad as it sounds. However; the pain I felt to find out I have it was worse than child birth and I had K all natural with no pain medications.

I met with my surgeon yesterday and he's getting approval from my insurance and it looks like I will have surgery next week. It's an out patient procedure and I should be in the hospital for 4 - 6 hours tops. It's done with a laser so how cool is that?

I'm in some fear because when am I not being put under. It could be too that they gave me morphine in the hospital for the pain and I didn't like how that made me feel at all. I couldn't really sleep at all until last night and I just didn't like feeling out of control.

My grandmother died at the time she got her gallbladder removed but for different reasons and well, I know I'm just going to have to trust God that I will be ok. My surgeon even had his removed and it's pretty common.

I know I'm a big baby when I say this but I'm afraid of the pain coming again before surgery. I NEVER want to feel that pain again.

Anywho, I thought I'd note that I will be ok and I know that trusting in God will get me through this.

1 comment:

Sheila said...

So sorry to hear you are going through this! I will keep you and your surgery in my prayers!