Monday, July 21, 2008

Why?

This weekend a couple of things happened that I just had to question why?

Friday Kaila had her performance with the Isaiah Players at Temple Isaiah where she is going to summer camp. When we arrived at the Temple we were brought in by security. You know there is always security there like when I pick her up daily as well. Anyhow, I don't understand it. I don't understand how anyone could hate someone so much because of their color, religion, etc. This is something that has bugged me ever since I was little. My grandfather was a big racist and I've always hated it. I'm told I don't understand because I'm a Caucasian Christian Female. So what.....I still don't get it and maybe I'm ignorant to it all but I just wish that I wouldn't have to have security surround a place that was filled with so much joy and peace.

The service was amazing. There was so much gratitude talked about. I really felt good leaving the services. It's odd to think people would want to hurt people just living life to the fullest all because of their religion.

So onto question number two of why....We watched The Kingdom on Saturday night. There is a pretty disturbing scene with one of the characters and I had to leave our room while it was happening. I know things like this are happening in real life and then they have to go and show it in movies. Maybe I'm getting to old (and I'm young) to watch people be tortured on TV again because of their religion or just in general. It seems like more and more I can't handle certain movies, especially ones about wars in other countries.

This fall I get to return to school with less chaos of getting the office in order at my new job (which I still love). I think I want to take classes on history and different cultures. I just don't get a lot of things. I just think people shouldn't judge so much. My husband jokes that I'll die for my cause going into Africa or other countries and trying to get everyone to get along. I just don't understand why it gets so bad.

I don't always feel comfortable sharing how I really feel let alone on a blog but I've been practicing concurring my fears and well, blogging on more delicate subjects is one of them. To me this is something I'd not normally write but I'm glad I did. I probably wouldn't have just done this but I was disturbed twice on the same subject over the weekend and well, wanted to write it out.

1 comment:

seevickirun said...

I'm glad you shared your uncomfortable thoughts...touched a chord in me as well...just read this today...


There are many causes that I am prepared to die for but no causes that I am prepared to kill for. -Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi (1869-1948)