Sunday, July 6, 2008

Learning to Sew & Thunderstorms....



We arrived to my dads at about noon. Yesterday was spent taking numerous naps & enjoying family.

My step mother taught me how to use a sewing machine and no, I didn't hurt myself even. Sure my blanket to the left isn't the prettiest in the world but darn it, Kaila's Polly Pockets will love it! I now want a sewing machine and think of all the wonderful things I can make everyone I know........ Ok so that could take some time but for today I'm glad I can use one. Oh yeah, making my own seam was really cool.

We all went to see Wall*E. Very cute film and even with the power going out from a Thunderstorm (No Tornado's to worry about because I even inquired, again I know I'm a dork) we were able to still finish the movie and we all had fun.

We're going to an Island today or so I'm told. I will be posting a slide show when I return to California because I can't upload to the lap top. I'm really enjoying this trip but It's only 4 AM in California so I'm a bit sleep deprived. I will probably nap in the car today. My father says it's about a 2 hour drive to where we're going.

Until I write again.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YAY! Sounds like things are going pretty awesome thus far... Wings stayed on the plane. You learned how to sew. WIN!