Saturday, April 12, 2008

Dreams...

I woke up today after my second night in a row dreaming that I had died. It was troubling to me why I keep having these dreams. In each dream I really want to let KK know I miss her but I can't be with her and it's a struggle.

I decided to look online and see what the whole Internet would say about dreams where I'm dead and it was actually quite positive. I looked at a bunch of dream dictionary's and:

"If you dreamed of being dead yourself, it indicates an approaching release from all your worries and/or a recovery from illness."

Sounds good to me. I've been very, super busy these past couple of weeks and I tend to worry through the really busy times. It's odd to dream that ones dead. I mean usually you know how you just WAKE UP so quickly right before dying in a dream but to go through dying and not waking up is odd.

I really do believe that our dreams play a big part in what is going on with us. I had a therapist in my younger years who worked on my dreams with me because I had night terrors. He showed me that if we look at the different aspects of our dreams we can see what we are going through. You know, at that point in my life he was correct. I think even if I broke apart my nightly dreams it would still be true.

I will not be afraid by my dreams today, even the ones that aren't the easy perfect dreams we all look for.

No comments: