Saturday, January 3, 2009

Goals......One Down!!

What better way to start off the New Year then by enrolling at Santa Monica Community College. I'm so excited!!!! Here's a part of my welcome letter from them:

"WELCOME TO SANTA MONICA COLLEGE! Congratulations on your admission to Santa Monica College. You will be joining an academic community focused on helping you meet your educational goals."

Can we say oober happy!! I've been so lucky to find jobs where I make very good money and I'm making more money now then I have ever have. I make more than people with degrees and well, even though that is nice I never graduated high school and that is one of my goals that I just kept putting off.

I'm no longer putting off anything that means a lot to me. Ok, I may take breaks because my goal is also to get more rest but my time has come and I'm so happy to do this. This community college offers classes to get your High School Diploma. I haven't enrolled in those classes yet but I did enroll in Ballet....I will be doing the rest of my enrollment this Thursday....

More updates to come and I can't wait to be able to tell my daughter that I did finish school. This is just the beginning...I will get my degree in music one day too....Well, that is my goal! Stay Tuned...

No comments: