Sunday, June 29, 2008

Two Fears In One....

Yesterday Eric took me to Balboa Island to celebrate our anniversary. Yes, it was June 15th but with Father's Day and a lot going on we postponed our fun.

It took forever to find parking but we did it and walked quite far but that was ok as well, it was a beautiful day.

Eric said we should go on the Ferris Wheel. I said "Hell No" it will collapse with me on it. He brought up my YTL and so I prepared myself to breathe and went on..... and..... obviously I survived as I'm writing this blog. Here's some pics from that very event.....

Enjoying the view from up above. Yes, I was scared during this shot because we were at a dead stop.









This second shot was taken after we went around a couple of times and I knew I was ok. A little breathing now and then helps.....









Eric and I at the top. Yes, I'm smiling, in a little fear but I did it! Next stop that crazy ferris wheel at Disney's California Adventure. I will do it in August after my run there.

Next up we went to Eric's tattoo covered up and for him to get as he puts it "A real tattoo". You know it can get very boring sitting for a couple of hours so I decided it was best that I get over another fear and (a) fill in my current tattoo on my ankle and (b) get a tattoo on my foot. Yes, on my foot. I know people who have one there but I knew I couldn't handle the pain and well, I was wrong so I got this done to my foot and I really really like it....


The funny part was that it didn't hurt all too bad and now I want another one. What really hurt was getting my fairy touched up because of the scaring Quinn said the man covering the original tattoo had to do just to get the fairy there. Well, here she is with her completed purple body......


I'm glad I did face my fears. We ended up having a wonderful day and to end the day we had dinner seaside and enjoyed just being together (sappy I know, get over it) and though I'm in pain right now on my foot and meeting with my trainer in about an hour to jog and work out I will be ok. I've walked through two things I never thought I would and had faith that I'd be ok and I was.