Thursday, June 5, 2008

Books, Books, and More Books

Well, I've been tagged by Ang to do this book Meme and well, here it goes......

Total number of books I've owned:

I'm very unsure. In the past I was a very avid reader but since dear Kaila was born not so much. I couldn't give an exact count but I've tried to instill in my daughter the reading bug and at this point she has about 60 books, does that count?

The last book I bought:

The last book I bought was "The Painted Veil" by W. Somerset Maugham. I tried to buy it used but just couldn't find it so I broke down and bought it new. I'd just seen the movie and know books are usually much better so I had to get it.

The last book I read:

I recently finished "A Year to Live" by Stephen Levine. It's a great book and makes you really think about life and all we do and go through.

Five books that mean something to me:

1. All time favorite book "Little Women" by Louisa May Alcott. Yes, I'm a goober who loves old stories. I just find this book so enjoyable from beginning to end.

2. "Lord of The Flies" by William Golding. I went through a lot as a teenager and it's odd though not a happy go lucky type of book I was able to escape what I felt and just read this over and over.

3. "A Long Fatal Love Chase" by Louisa May Alcott. I just enjoy this book and it's so great to see how she as an author thought outside the box back when she wrote her novels. Sure this wasn't published until many years later but I love the book none the less.

4. "_____" I'm a fan of memoirs so I will read just about any but I don't just have one I can input. So for number 4 I select all memoirs I've ever read as I get to know more about a person and what goes on in their minds.

5. "Midnight in The Garden of Good & Evil" by John Berendt. Reading this book actually takes you right into Savannah. The way everything is described in this book from the land around to the characters is just amazing to me. This book starting me on my quest of my love for the Souths architecture and why I love to visit the South from time to time.

These are just some of the books I enjoy. It's weird but nightly we read with Kaila and she's reading the whole Junie B Jones series and I'm enjoying it too. It's like the Judy Blume of my day.

I tag Dave & Sheila & anyone who would like to share what they enjoy to read.

No comments: