Thursday, September 2, 2010

Eating Right but Not Torture...

I began my eating adventures again today which have helped me in the past. I'm posting these & sticking to them. Holding myself accountable and looking forward to the rewards. Time to take care of what the baby added onto me.

Food

  • No eating after dinner. Drink water if hungry.
  • Desert other than fruit for special occasions only (ie. birthdays, weddings, etc.)
  • 1 healthy snack per day
Portion

  • Must have a serving of protein & fruit or veggie with every meal. Protein and fruit/veggie must be eaten first.
  • Only up to 2 diet cokes per day. Drink water otherwise.
  • GF - No wheat (only buy gf going forward as of 9.2.2010)
Favorites

  • Thanksgiving, Halloween, etc. (Holidays) are excluded as long as exercised at least 5 days in a row prior. 1 mile plus walking/jogging
  • Ice Cream/Frozen Yogurt only at outside location. None at home.
  • Treat at movie only if walked/jogged at least 1 mile that day.
Exercise

  • Walk or Jog at least 1 mile per day.
  • Walk to locations within 1 mile of my home if it permits (example baby).
  • Park far from entrance of place going when safe.
Rewards

  • Each week goal met $5.00 toward something I want.
  • Relax on Sundays, don't over do it.
  • 1 item of clothing for every 10 lbs. lost.
These don't seem hard and I'm looking forward to holding myself accountable to feeling good health wise and making healthy choices. Game on!

No comments: