Monday, September 1, 2008

In Memory of Francine....

We went yesterday to do the memorial for my aunt at Descanso Gardens in La Canada. I realized it was a month to the day since she'd passed away. It was a nice day with Eric, Kaila, my mother Raylene, and nephew Tony. Below are some photos of our day....









My mother brought photos of Francine. Here she was as a baby.....











As a teenager.....











and as an adult....








Francine after the Parkinson's started to take over. This is her with Kaila as a newborn. Almost 8 years ago.






Just an example of the beautiful peace of Descanso Gardens










I love these fountains. It was such a beautiful day!









My mother and Tony








Eric, Kaila, & I
It is good to know that I am able to be present for my family today. About 11 years ago that wasn't an option. I was too selfish. We are going to scatter her ashes this October and spend a weekend as a family in Big Bear because it's a place she loved to visit. I know she was with us at Descanso Gardens. I'm going to go through the family photos and see if there are any photos of her gardens that she used to maintain.
My family is small and we don't have lots of pictures so I've learned that I need to keep better record of our growing family so we have lots to look back on in years to come.
It feels good to share this because my family means so much to me today..

No comments: