Wednesday, September 3, 2008

1st Day..New Memories..3rd Grade

Today was the first day of third grade. Kaila was excited and I learned that she's become a bit more independent and today chose her outfit for the first time. I usually pick out her first day of school outfit but she really wanted to wear this.

I was pleased with the teacher she got this year Ms. Gordon. We learned that after the winter break her class will be going to LACMA (Los Angeles County Museum of Art) weekly and doing a special Art program. One of the perks of going to an Art Prototype school.

Kaila and only one other girl from her class last year were in this class together. I was worried at first because even though this one girl is her friend I was worried she'd not play or be with her core group of friends. I was wrong and she said she played with her friends at recess and at lunch. I know that her not knowing a lot of the kids in her class is a great opportunity to grow as a person and learn more about the people she is in school with. It's nice to grow up along with her.

I'm so excited for this next year. I can't wait to see her become more and more independent and though it makes me a bit sad I'm glad that she's becoming more self confident and growing up to be a fine young lady.

Stay tuned....







No comments: